GSA 8(a) STARS II
8(a) STARS II, a small business set-aside GWAC, provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners.
8(a) STARS II allows for directed task orders up to $4 Million, including options. Orders more than $4 Million must be competed among the industry partners in your chosen constellation and functional area.
8(a) STARS II includes four functional areas based on NAICS codes.
GSA PSS 00CORP / MAS 541611
The Professional Services Schedule (PSS) is an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) multiple award schedule, providing direct access to simple or complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services.
- Advertising and marketing solutions
- Business consulting solutions
- Environmental solutions
- Financial and business solutions
- Language services
- Logistics solutions
- Professional engineering solutions
GSA 03FAC / MAS 561210/561612
Facilities Maintenance and Management, Schedule number 03FAC, is a Multiple Award Schedule that provides federal agencies a streamlined procurement device to acquire all of the services necessary to maintain and manage a facility. The following offerings and services that can be found under this schedule
- Facilities maintenance and management solutions for real property
- Energy management, water conservation & support services
- Industrial aerospace & marine coating solutions
- Dockside facilities maintenance, repair services & dry docking
GSA Schedule 70 / MAS 54151S
IT Schedule 70 delivers federal, state, and local customer agencies the tools and expertise needed to shorten procurement cycles, ensure compliance, and obtain the best value for innovative technology products, services, and solutions.
With more than 7.5 million products and services from over 4,600 pre-vetted vendors, federal agencies, as well as civilian, state, and local organizations, continue to maximize budgets, and reduce buying cycles by up to 50 percent over open market.
The Strategic Partners Acquisition Readiness Contract (SPARC) is a cost-effective, innovative solution for procuring information technology (IT) professional services from a pool of CMS experienced partners.
The purpose of this contract is to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services, to facilitate the modernization of CMS business processes and supporting systems.
SPARC is a multiple award, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), performance-based contract. It is available to all components within Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and all Health and Human Services (HHS) Operating Divisions to procure IT System development services, from end to end.
- $25 Billion Ceiling
- NO ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
- Shortened procurement lead time
- Access to high-quality industry partners
- Partners offer agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodology
- Small business set-aside
- Socioeconomic credit potential
- Ability to sole source to 8(a) partners for task orders under $4 million
- Initiation, Concept, and Planning Services
- Requirements Services
- Design Services
- Development Services
- Testing Services
- Security Control Assessment (SCA) Services
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Services
- Maintenance Services
- Support Services
- Data Request Services
- Help Desk Support Services
Solutions for Administrative and Program Services (SOAPS)
Small Business BPA providing program and administrative support across multiple functional areas within the Federal Bureau of Investigation and any other entity within the Department of Justice.
- Administrative Assistance
- Budget Analysis
- Business Process Development and Improvements
- Configuration Management
- Database Management
- Document Preparation
- Earned Value Management
- Financial Analysis
- Management and Program Analysis Support
- Market Assessment
- Operations Research
- Program/Project File Management
- Quality Assurance
- Requirements Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Technical Evaluation
- Technical Writing
- Template Development
- Transition Services
Maryland Consulting and Technical Services (CATS+)
This “Master Contract” enables the State government in procuring IT consulting and technical services in a timely and economical manner. Through CATS+, the State of Maryland will have a flexible means of obtaining information technology (IT) resources quickly, efficiently and cost effectively by issuing task orders specific to its needs.
- Functional Area 1 – Enterprise Service Provider (ESP)
- Functional Area 2 – Web and Internet Systems
- Functional Area 3 – Electronic Document Management
- Functional Area 5 – Software Engineering
- Functional Area 6 – Systems/Facilities Management and Maintenance
- Functional Area 7 – Information System Security
- Functional Area 8 – Application Service Provider
- Functional Area 10 – IT Management Consulting Services
- Functional Area 11 – Business Process Consulting Services
- Functional Area 17 – Documentation/Technical Writing